Tolley's Law
Is there a law that describes the time when you're just about to take care of a potential problem and then when you make steps to take care of the potential problem, the problem isn't potential anymore? If not, I'd like to name it Tolley's Law because it is the story of my life lately. A year ago, Melissa and I started looking at cars just because we thought it would be nice to get a second one with four doors. After a few months of looking at every car on the market, our little cavalier had a tragic accident with a fence that put it in the garage for a few months (ask Melissa if you want details :) ). Luckily we had already been looking at cars so we went out that weekend and got a new car.
Two weeks ago it happened again! We just got a new camera and the pictures are great, but they end up taking a lot of space on our hard drive. Our drive was starting to get full so we thought it was probably time to start looking for an external drive to store our pictures on. We ran down to Costco to see how much it would cost and when we came back our computer was displaying an error message saying that it couldn't find a hard drive. Tolley's Law strikes again! After a week of debating (and a few failed do-it-yourself recovery attempts), we decided to send it into a place and have them recover the data. It's a bit expensive but it was worth it to us. After all, it was about the same as getting a professional to come and take pictures of Nathan and these pictures cover the first 6 months of his life. I'm definitely okay with that. We're still waiting to get the drive back but it should be here this week sometime!I was going to make this a big post about a few different topics, but I've decided to split it up into multiple posts. For a teaser, next blog will be about marriage inequality. I'm hoping it's not too offensive, but I'm not going to hold anything back. Hope you enjoy!
Comments