Summer Beginnings
Can you believe that I’m adding another post already? It’s only been two days! I know what you’re thinking. It’s summer and I have nothing better than to post on my blog. Actually, it’s the exact opposite! Life has been less usual lately so I have more to write about.
First, Star Trek. Go see it. That is all.
Just kidding, that’s not all. But seriously go see it. I was amazed at the new look, feel, and attitude this movie presented. To me, there always seemed to be something a little to perfect about the Star Trek universe. No disease, problems, greed, money or anything else that we’re so accustomed to. Star Trek has always been very Utopian. Well J.J. Abrams decided to change the feel to a more industrialized atmosphere. Also, the battles have amazing cinematography. The cast was pretty good, but I had a few problems believing that Zachary Quinto was Spock and not Sylar (I expected him to chop someone’s head open at any time). Overall, it was a great movie for anyone and definitely a good reboot for the series.
Today, I came home to Lehi for Mother’s Day tomorrow. I spent most of the day cleaning the carburetor on my motorcycle. Tonight, my dad and I put everything back together and we got the motorcycle running! It works! I’m so excited. Now I’ve just got to tweak it and get my motorcycle endorsement. Then I’ll be good to go!
Last but not least, I was able to go to Troy’s wedding reception today. I can’t believe he is married, but it was way cool to see him and Michaelene so happy. They make a cute couple. It was awesome to see them and know that they will spend the rest of eternity together. Can’t wait for my turn! :) But I’m learning to wait patiently.
Anyway, that’s all my exciting events recently. However, I move up to Boise tomorrow and I’m way excited for that! I’ll start my new job on Monday. Hooray!
Comments