Home Sweet Home

CIMG0121

I’ve finally moved in! Okay, actually I’ve been here almost a week now. I was just lazy and haven’t updated my blog. But that’s it! That’s the house I’m living in. Can’t you tell how cool it is? If you look very closely on the right side of the house towards the back, you can see my bedroom window. It’s a pretty nice place, but it also required a little bit of work. On Tuesday, I mopped and swept the kitchen floor and today I cleaned the bathroom floor and shower, both of which probably hadn’t been done in over 6 months. It needed it, but now the place looks a lot nicer. The kitchen sink still has a leak which I’m planning to try and fix on Saturday. Anyone know how to fix a leaky faucet? :) I’m sure I can figure it out.

CIMG0122

My bedroom is really nice (and I’m still working on organizing everything! :) ). It’s really different (and pleasant) having my own room! I’m not sure I’ll be able to go back to sharing a room in the fall, but we’ll see. One problem with the room was that I had to find a bed. Initially my parents were going to bring one up, but it didn’t make sense to pay $80 in gasoline just to bring up an $80 bed. So they said they would give me money to go buy a bed. Well being the thrifty person I am, I spent Saturday searching yard sales for beds. I was just about to head to R.C. Willey when I stopped by a moving sale that had two queen size beds! I asked them how much and they sold one to me for $20! I guess the box spring was damaged and it doesn’t have a frame, but who cares when you’re a poor starving college student! It actually is a great bed and it sure beats sleeping on the floor like I was last week. It’s pretty awesome how everything has fallen into place.

Another cool thing about my new home is that it’s close to everything. It’s a 10 minute bike ride to work. Church is just down the street. The institute is right behind my house. And I just boise-river-eagle450x3002found out that Boise has a green belt full of parks and bike trails which is about 100 yards from my house! I went for a bike ride there on Tuesday and it was so beautiful. I’m planning to head out there some more this weekend and I’ll make sure to take some pictures so I can tell you all about it.

The only real downfall to this place is that I don’t know anyone! My roommates are cool, but they don’t really hang out with anyone else on a regular basis so I haven’t really had a chance to make lots of friends. My ward is cool, but really small and I also haven’t had a big chance to socialize there. So that’s definitely something I’m trying to figure out. Anyone have any suggestions on how to meet people? I’d appreciate any feedback you can give! :) Thanks for reading! Have a nice day.

Comments

Sarah said…
That sounds like fun! I think the bike paths sound awesome. A good way to get to know people is to meet some people and invite them over for food! Such as ice cream, brisket, or brownies or whatever else you want. Then you should play some games too. It is way fun to have your own room, and it looks like you are having fun! Good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

La La Land: A Dizzying Journey of Magical Moments

New Beginnings

Imaginator Extraordinaire